Wednesday, January 5, 2011

God speaks, and we want to Become More....

First of all - I have to tell all of my sweet Jesus sisters about the coolest thing that happened to me today.  For the last couple of weeks we have experienced some minor technical difficulties with sign ups.  (If you are one of these, please call me!)  At any rate, it appears to be an Amazon problem.  (That means getting it fixed appears to be a bit of a nightmare!)  Randomly, the system choses to not let some of you check out.  Yesterday, I was at my wits end with this, and then got news about some minor venue problems.  My frustration level was at a bit of a high:-) 

Tonight, I pulled into my garage and hanging on the hook that my kids normally put their snow pants on was the cutest little decoration that said "Be Still and know that I am God."  (Which is our theme this year:-)  Wow - So, you guessed it, I jumped out to see who had left me such a treat...  and... no name.  Hmmm.... who could have known and blessed me in such a way???  Friends, it was God.  I know he used one of my sweet friends to calm me and my anxious thoughts.  To whomever was so clearly listening to him and obedient.... THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!!!  I promptly placed it in a spot at home where I will see it often!  (And I'm still smiling!) 

So... the other part of this post....  We want you to join us on a journey to become more...



We would love for you to join us on a journey to become more! Each day from now until the conference, we will be posting on Lysa TerKeurst's latest book, "Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl."  We pray this will give us an opportunity to encourage one another, to get to know Lysa a bit better and ultimately become more as women of faith and sisters in Christ.
 
The book opens with a chapter titled, "Trying To Be Good Enough."


Lysa shares, "The false perception was rooted in this one flawed thought: You, Lysa, are not acceptable the way you are. Have you ever let that flawed self-perception negatively affect you? It sent me into an identity crisis as my mind swirled with possible solutions: Since you aren't acceptable, you must find some things upon to hitch your identity."

Have you been there? If so, how have you moved past that? If you're in the process of moving past this, how can we pray for you? Please share - simply leave a comment (you don't need a blog to do so) and let the conversation begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment