Sunday, January 23, 2011

Better than Christmas??

Better than Christmas!


Compel 2011 is complete. The boxes packed away. I told someone today that it feels like the end of Christmas. All the anticipation, all the preparation and meal planning....

And then... it's over.

The good thing is, with Compel, there are so many sweet new Jesus Sisters sending notes and messages that I feel like it will live on forever! I don't have words tonight to express how I feel. Between a horrible cold finally catching up with me, and a night of basically no sleep on Friday, and the emotional high wearing off, I'm kaput.  (In a very good way!) 

Just know for tonight that "It is well with my soul."  I'm sitting and absorbing His fullness, and wanting to just Be Still and soak it all in.  Oh, how I love Jesus!

More thoughts will definately follow!  Can't wait to share some of my processing with each of you! 

3 comments:

  1. Jen, I had a wonderful time this weekend at COMPEL! God spoke to my heart on Friday night and I have been recharged and renewed ever since! I hope you are feeling better and I want to thank you and your team for all that you do! It is very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it awesome?! The delightful sense of completing a task you've been privilaged to accomplish knowing it had little to do with you while being close enough to watch Him work--amazingly sweet:) Love ya, Jen. So happy you said "yes" to Him and me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so familiar!! We girls from the Rsie & Shine planning team compared it to a wedding. We do all that planning, thinking, organizing, and anticipating. Then, all of a sudden, it's over...at least for that year. Unlike a wedding (I hope) you take time to rest and then start planning the next one. :) I ended up getting sick right afterwards both years too. It takes a lot out of you and leaves you exhausted. BUT in a GREAT way!!

    I'm praising God with you gals for answered prayer! So thankful to hear that His presence was evident and that lives were touched at Compel. God is sooooo GREAT and greatly to be praised! Looking forward to hearing more and hoping that I'll be able to attend someday.

    ReplyDelete