Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Heart...

So... it's day two of my 30 day bible reading challenge.

Today, I'm stuck on the condition of my heart.



In Matthew 15:8-9

"These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men."


WOW.... does that speak to me. It is the desire of my heart, the it would be close to God. Yet I know, that at times I am only honoring him with my lips, while my heart is cold and hard.

And my worship??? Well, it seems that at times it depends on where I am. For me, lately, church has been one of the more restricted places of worship. Totally fear of man! I'm letting the rules taught by men limit my worship for him in his house.... Ugh!!! I want to worship with reckless abandon and let my heart seek him completely, regardless of where I am!

"God... give me the confidence to loosen the fear of man. May I seek you and your approval alone. It's so easy to say here, sitting at my computer, sipping on my Diet Coke. But God, why do I make it so hard when I'm out in the world.... Nudge me when I'm letting the world get the best of me. I want my worship and my heart, everything about me to reflect more of you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment