Monday, November 22, 2010



Acts 5 - 15 is where we're at... Sorry for the lazy weekend. The kids had a swim meet on Saturday and Tom went to the Vikings/Packers game with Matt for his 21st Birthday, so I was busy being mom.... Got my reading done, but posting was another thing:-)

So.... I didn't pick just one verse from this portion of Acts. Instead, I'm loving all the verses that reference baptism and being filled with the Holy Spirit.

The go hand in hand in so many places. I praise God for his Holy Spirit. I know this can be a controversial issues, but it seems so clear to me in scripture. I can't imagine life without being filled with His Spirit. He blesses us in so many ways with his presence in and through us. WOW... I'd encourage each of you to re-read these sections for scripture and ask God to reveal himself in new ways. Be open minded and let him show you his goodness. He really is our best friend!

"Thank you Lord for being a triune God. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. You work in so many wonderful ways in our lives.. I ask that you continue to reveal yourself to me. As I draw close to you God, may you draw closer to me. I want to know you more. I want to experience your Holy Spirit working in my life more and for your glory. Rekindle the fire Lord..."

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    So sorry I haven't been able to comment on the first few days of reading the New Testament. I've been following along with the scripture but have been so busy with preaching the past two Sunday's at my former church, leading my Thursday evening Women's Bible study and leading the Women's Retreat this last Saturday that I haven't had a chance to comment. I have enjoyed reading your comments and am ready to share my thoughts on todays readings.

    I found chapters 5 to 15 so uplifting and encouraging that I wanted to be like Stephen, Paul and Barnabas and go out into the streets and share the Good News as well. The Holy Spirit works wonders in all people. In Chapter 5:32 it says that God gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey him. What a wonderful gift from God, to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit and his face was like the face of an angel. Oh I hope that my face is like the face of an angel to those around me. I love how when those around Stephen were "stirred up" and they turned to him they saw the face of an angel. Isn't that how we should all look when we are filled with the Holy Spirit? Isn't that how we want people to see us? And then we are reminded in chapter 14:22 that "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God." Just because we are filled with the Holy Spirit and have accepted Jesus as our Savior does not mean that our lives are going to be peaceful and serene. Just like those who came before us; Paul, Stephen, Philip, Barnabas, etc... we too will suffer as Christians. We just need to keep our faith in God and know that there will come a day that we will be reunited with him in our heavenly home.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete