Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Still holding on...

Does anyone else find it amazing how quickly we move on with life.  It seems like just yesterday when we were all together listening to Lysa.  And then life takes control again.... UGH! 

The Compel Team has already started looking forward to next year, and we are excited!  BUT....  I want to make sure that we take time to savor the time we had being still before the Lord. 

I'm going to ask a favor.  I'm wanting to send to Holly (Lysa's very trustworthy assistant) some comments from our group.  I've seen several things on facebook and had some great posts here.  What I'd love is if each of you would be willing to post a comment on how the conference impacted your life.  Especially a couple of weeks out. 



Many times, it's easy to say great things about an awesome speaker like Lysa (She was really awesome!) but then not follow where God has led us.  If we continue to keep our eyes fixed on how he moved in us and where he is taking us, it's easier to maintain our focus. 

SO... look at this is a little opportunity to re-focus.  (Did I mention sales is not my forte! hee-hee!) 

Seriously though....  Something dawned on me last week while reading on Lysa's blog about her computer issues.  She is out doing the Lord's work so often... and now her Made to Crave Book is going gang busters....  (it's number 7 on the best seller list now!)  Anytime someone is that all out for God, you have to know that the evil one will mess with whatever he can.  SO...  I'd love it if you would pray a shield of protection over Lysa and her family.  AND... I'd love to have a list of real sincere feedback items to give to Holly for Lysa. 

(Have I begged enough yet?) 

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    Let me first say that it was a wonderful conference and it was even more special to have Lysa speak. Thank you so much for listening to God and inviting Lysa to speak. I have taken time since the conference to "Be Still" and have felt God's presence and have heard him speak to my heart. There were so many things that Lysa shared that I loved but two things that she shared that have really resonated with me in the last two weeks are, "People don't care to meet our Jesus unless it is through our story and how we live our lives" and "Radical Obedience - Living our life (our everyday life) saying yes to God". Over the last few years I have felt God calling me into ministry and at first I felt it was serving in the pulpit. But in the last couple years I have felt God calling me to serve in ministry with women. I have led Bible studies and women's retreats over the last few years and now feel God calling me to go out beyond my church walls to share with women my story and how great God is and what he can do if you walk with him daily. Listening to Lysa at the conference I heard God speaking to me through her words and I feel so excited and energized to say "Yes to God". I was able to speak with Lysa for a few minutes after the conference and she was so gracious and helpful, giving me some very good advice. Thank you again and I will be praying for you and your ministry group as you plan next years conference.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    I invite you to take a look at my blog at http://jill-myjourney-jill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete