Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Girl Time - Fellowship

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

                                                        1 John 1:7




Oh...... how sweet is fellowship.  True fellowship.  It makes me just smile and sigh at the same time. 

I had the opportunity to have coffee tonight with a dear new friend.  As we learned more about each other, my heart was so touched by how God can bring people together.  Our circumstances and lives and stories are so similar.  I have lived in this small town for nearly 11 years and am just now connecting with someone who shares so many exciting things.  Most of all, a love and passion for Jesus and for prayer and for the poor, and fellow believers.  I thank God for our time together and look forward to many more. 
This time together also made me think about each woman who is considering signing up for the Compel Conference.  The time of fellowship they will have whether they come alone and meet new people, or come with a group of girlfriends and enjoy the time together.  As women, many of us long for dear, sweet relationships and connections.  I know that I made one last year at Compel, and am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for me this year!  In my efforts to draw near to him, wanting him to become my best friend - I mean really, not just to say that! For REAL best friend - like the first person I think about.... 

Will he bless me with new friends to know and love and pray for?  I'm certain that he will.  You too....  if you open your heart to him, and to new encounters.... 

Looking forward to "girl" time!  Next weekend!!  Can't wait!!!  See you all then!!!  (OK - so you get what I'm asking for? - sing up if you haven't already!)

No comments:

Post a Comment